If you are on HP touchpad and looking for the solution to root your HP touchpad on webOS 3.0.2 , today i have a solution for you and thank you all the users who emailed me the resources on rooting. Follow the steps
Step 1: Download the required stuff:
Download and Install novaterm program for Windows
Step 2: Enable Developer Mode on TouchPad:
- Open Device Info and tap on the menu (top-left)
- Select “Custom Application…”
- Type ##3386633# in there
- In application move the Developer Mode slider to the On position
- Then tap Reset the Device
- Once device reboots, developer mode would be enabled on HP TouchPad.
Step 3: Connect your HP TouchPad device with Computer via USB
Step 4: Open Terminal(Command Prompt) and run this command: novaterm
Step 5: This will open a new window with something like root@webos-device written in there.
Also this video Might Help :