YotaPhone, a new dual-screen smartphone that has both an HD LCD display on the front and an e-ink display on the back. It’s an intriguing phone that hails from Russia, and today we’re getting our first look at the phone’s big talking points in a new demo video from Mobile-Review. Anton Tarasenko, who serves as the head of product management and planning at Yota, takes us through the YotaPhone’s notable features, including gesture controls.
There’s a particularly awesome perk to having a second e-ink screen on the back of the device, as the folks at Yota have made it so you can transfer what’s on the LCD screen over to the e-ink display. For instance, Anton brings up Google Maps on the LCD screen, centers the map, and then transfers it around back to the e-ink display. Since it doesn’t take any battery power to continually display things in e-ink, he can now have the map constantly showing on the display without draining the battery.
YotaPhone Dual Screen Smartphone : Demo Video
Latest posts by Nirajan Bom Malla (see all)
- Facebook Like is nice, but Faceboook Share is stronger - November 27, 2015
- 20 Useful HTML5 Tutorials For Web Designers & Developers - November 6, 2015
- You can now recover deleted events in Google Calendar - November 6, 2015
- Expedia Buys HomeAway, an Airbnb Competitor, for $3.9 Billion - November 5, 2015
- 10 New Adobe Illustrator Tutorials For Designers - November 5, 2015