Drones are one of the hottest gadgets used by techies like you these days. People across the globe fell in love with these great inventions and they would like to have their hands on them. From little kids to adults up to busy business owners, everybody likes to have their own drones.
Whilst drones aren’t that hard to purchase, one needs to take into account that such aerial vehicles don’t come cheap. You would need to make a huge deal of investment when you like to make a purchase of one with guaranteed highest quality. Thus, it’s necessary to avoid making a hasty decision when it comes to selecting the right drone and that you take the time to search for the best model to purchase online.
What to Expect When Searching for the Best Drones?
Drones technology advances at a quick rate. Another form of the drone has been introduced to the market for nearly every other day. With a lot of brands and kinds of drones available online, it could be a big challenge for one to look for drones which are best suitable for his or her requirements.
On the other hand, finding the best drones is not a hard task when you know what you’re searching for. Hence, the first thing that you should do is to recognize the purpose for which you like to purchase the drone. The way you are using your drone will determine which kind fits your needs. (Classifications of Drones Based on Size)
Many people use drones for recreational purposes. So if you want to buy a drone that will be used just for any recreational purposes, you can find the best one quite easily. There are many types of drones that are specifically intended for recreational purposes which could be used for personal use.
Some drones do not cost much and they are fairly simple to operate. You just need to have control over the flight of the drones with the use of a joystick form of the controller with functions that are somewhat the same as that of some other forms of remote-controlled vehicles. Thus, you would get to hang of it instantly in case you have decided to begin flying. The best thing to know regarding the recreational drones is that you will not need to break your pocket to buy them.
Some drones are made specifically for the commercial purpose. If you are looking for drones for commercial purpose, you should dedicate time to do an extensive research for finding the best commercial drones for you. You will need to look for one which comes with the abilities and functions to efficiently perform and complete that task.
In case that you would like to use it for aerial photography, you would need to obtain a drone equipped with an HD camera. You can find these drones online easily. On the other hand, you must take into account that such drones for aerial photography and videography are little expensive.
Things to Consider When Buying Drones Online
- Elevation and speed
- Battery life
- Controllable range
- Replacement parts
Consider these factors, look for the best drones to buy that has functions and features that fit your needs.
- Machinery – it is one of the most important factors that you should take into considering when buying your first drone. There are different types of drones you can find within the market these days. They have their mechanisms of their own. You need to know that not every drone has the machine needed to carry out the functions you need. For example, when you like to have a drone for fun, you can choose a quadcopter equipped with ordinary machinery. For photography, you may choose camera drones.
- Design – when you shop for a drone, you should inspect its design closely. Generally, all drones fly without having an onboard operator but they usually vary on the basis of their designs. A quadcopter comes with 4 motors to impel it and it resembles a helicopter whilst a military grade drone looks different. So if you’re in need of a drone for a commercial purpose, the best decision for you will be to choose the drone with an ordinary design.
- Gimbal Support and Camera – These days, Videographers and Photographers use drones more than anyone. When you like to use one for a similar purpose then look for the one with a camera. You will need to ensure that the camera of the drone you buy is a good one which can take and capture clear images with ease. Another tip is to purchase a drone with gimbal support. This feature will keep the camera in stable condition during the flight, letting it capture better images and videos.
- Battery – choose a drone with a bigger battery for extensive use. Extended battery life is important for inspection purposes or aerial photography.
- Range – most drones have a range of not over 50 meters. It is normally enough range for capturing aerial shots. You can find many drones with a higher range in the market. If you are into wildlife photography, you should get one that has a range of over 100 meters.
Also, make sure that the drone you buy will let you have spare parts easily. Usually, rotors need a regular replacement when you use your drone regularly. Also, be ready to spend more if you are buying the drone for professional use.
3 Best Drones for Beginners – 2018
If you are new to Drones or RC quadcopters you may want to buy easy to operate and affordable drones. Lowcost Quadcopters are easy to control. Some of these Quadcopter drones have GPS systems and few of these drones can even record HD video. If you’re a beginner, here is a list of best drones for beginners in 2018.
Autel Robotics is lesser known name when it comes to the list of drone companies. But, X-Star Premium drone with 4K camera is a popular choice for those who want a robust set of features, great specs and decent quality at good price. When you buy this drone, it comes ready-to-fly. A radio controller, flight battery, battery charger, propellers, 64GB microSD card, and hard transit case are included.
Autel X-Star Premium Camera Features
Video Capture – The X-Star camera uses Sony Exmor R sensor to captures 4K video at 30 fps, 2.7K at 60 fps, 1080p at 120 fps, and – for super slow motion – 720p at 240 fps. A microSD card in camera store the captured video. A live HD feed is transferred to the ground on a mobile device for monitoring and reference recording.
Photo Capture – It captures 12MP still photographs in JPEG, RAW, or RAW & JPEG. Single Shot, Burst, AEB, Bracketed Frames, and Time-Lapse Photo mode is available.
Super-Wide-Angle Lens – The lens provides a wide field-of-view that encompasses a large part of the scene in front of the lens while not delving into the fisheye territory. It features a FOV of 108°.
Gimbal Stabilization – The camera is mounted via a 3-axis gimbal. A 3-axis gimbal provides stabilization on camera movement. It can be detached to store separately from the drone.
Yuneec’s Typhoon Q500 4K is one of the best drones for beginners with 4K-resolution camera combined with a three-axis antivibration gimbal. The lightweight frame of the Q500 4K provides decent stability when in the air but capture very stable footage even in the wind. There is a built-in GPS system that can help you hover the drone on the spot for longer periods without drifting. It is easy to activate “Follow Me” and “Watch Me” modes on this amazing Quadcopter drone.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 Camera Features
The Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K can manage ultra-high definition video at 30 frames per second, but if you’re willing to take a drop in quality you can record 1080p at 60fps, as well as capture slow-motion footage at a whopping 120fps. Photos can be captured in JPEG or DNG RAW and it is possible to snap photos while recording video.
The camera also features a wide angle 130-degree FOV lens. HD videos and photos are recorded to a microSD card up to 128GB in size.
DJI’s Mavic Pro is one of the best drones for beginners. Everything about DJI Mavic Pro is absolutely brilliant that’s why it is a fantastic choice for quadcopter fans. A new OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7 kilometers) of range, 40 mph (65kmp) speed and a flight time of around 27 minutes. The base controller is aided by GPS and satellite to help maintain precise location control.
DJI Mavic Pro Camera Features
DJI Mavic pro camera records 4K videos in 30fps or 1080p at 96fps and comes with fully fledged 3-axis gimbal. You can also live stream to Facebook, YouTube, and Periscope at 30fps. In terms of image stabilization and camera controls, Mavic Pro works perfectly. You can also capture photos with the 12-megapixel camera.
We will regularly update this list of Best Drones.